Amandeep Sandhu is a partner in the firm's Capital Markets and M&A Group, working out of McMillan's Vancouver office. Amandeep advises a broad range of companies on mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, private placements, public equity and debt financings, and stock exchange listings on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange. Amandeep also provides detailed advice to companies with respect to securities regulatory compliance, continuous disclosure requirements, and corporate governance matters.
Amandeep was seconded to Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP as a Foreign Associate from 2003 to 2004.
Selected as a Canadian Corporate Lawyer to Watch in the Lexpert 2012 Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada
Recipient of an Author of the Year – Company Law Canada award from Lexology, 2010.
- Vancouver Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- North American South Asian Bar Association
Amandeep has been involved in the following representative work:
publications and presentations
- Acted for Teck Resources Limited in its offering of US$1.750 billion in senior unsecured notes, August 2012.
- Acted for Great Canadian Gaming Corporation in its $450 million offering of senior unsecured notes and $100 million substantial issuer bid, July 2012.
- Acted for CTF Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition by FleetCor Technologies, Inc. for US$180 million, July 2012.
- Acted for Silvermex Resources Inc. in its acquisition by First Majestic Silver Corp. for $175 million, July 2012.
- Acted for Roxgold Inc. in the $33.5 million acquisition and related financing of the remaining interests in a group of its advanced-stage exploration projects in Burkina Faso, West Africa, October 2011.
- Acted for the special committee of the board of directors of Terra Ventures Inc. in its acquisition by Hathor Exploration Limited, August 2011.
- Acted for Primero Mining Corp. in its proposed $1.2 billion merger with Northgate Minerals Corporation, July 2011.
- Acted for Selwyn Resources Ltd. in its special warrant financing in connection with its acquisition of ScoZinc Limited, June 2011.
- Acted for Richfield Ventures Corp. in its acquisition by New Gold Inc. for $550 million, May 2011.
- Acted for Farallon Mining Ltd. in its acquisition by Nyrstar NV for $400 million, January 2011.
- Acted for Tahoe Resources Inc. in a bought deal public offering by way of short form prospectus with aggregate gross proceeds of $351.9 million, December 2010.
- Acted for Eastern Platinum Limited in a public offering by way of short form prospectus with aggregate gross proceeds of $347.6 million, December 2010.
- Acted for, as to Canadian legal matters, Citigroup Global Markets Asia Limited and BOC International, joint bookrunners and joint lead managers, in the US$309 million global offering of China Gold International Resources Corp. Ltd., November 2010.
- Acted for Terrane Metals in its acquisition by Thompson Creek Metals Company for $650 million, October 2010.
- Acted for Primero Mining Corp., a TSX listed and Canadian-based precious metals producer with operations in Mexico. In August 2010, assisted Primero in the acquisition of the San Dimas gold-silver mine and associated assets, which are located in Mexico's San Dimas district. The acquisition was valued at US$510 million, August 2010.
- Acted for Teck Resources Limited in its US$750 million offering of senior unsecured notes, August 2010.
- Acted for Tahoe Resources Inc. in its initial public offering which raised $383 million, and in its acquisition from affiliates of Goldcorp Inc. of the Escobal silver project in Guatemala, June 2010.
- Acted for Teck Resources Limited in the completion of a private placement offering in the U.S. and Canada of US$4.225 billion in aggregate principal amount of senior secured notes, May 2009.